Star is recruiting for a Commercial Business Manager to join our client, whose mission to save and sustain lives inspires their work and their commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.
For more than 50 years, our client has had a presence and long-standing commitment in the UK. They are one of the largest suppliers to the NHS, with over 7,500 products and services.
Commercial Business Manager responsibilities include:
- Negotiation skills internally and externally
- Presentation skills; ability to independently prepare material and confidently deliver to C-level audience, internally and externally
- Working towards a shared, team financial goal. This is central to the ethos of the team and therefore requires that each CBM is aware of and proactively supports their colleagues in achievement of their objectives
- Responsibility for the necessary financial analysis, metric selection and tracking
- Independently analyse financial data and make decisions based on this data is essential
- Negotiation of volumes, pricing and commercial terms optimal to company across all relevant public and private contracts
- Expanding hospital uptake of value added logistics services offered by our operational functions
Ideal candidate will be/have:
- Experience working in a relevant generic pharmaceutical or healthcare sales/marketing role
- Industry experience in contracts or Bid Management considered
- Demonstrated success in driving a Sales or Profitability metric, either directly or as part of a project team
- Team-focused; values varied skills, styles and contributions of others and actively seeks feedback
- Resilience and positivity
- Demonstrated success contributing to or ideally leading complex sales processes, selling to multiple stakeholders, with a measurable financial win secured
- Desirable Business or Life Sciences degree
- Experience managing pharmaceutical and medical device wholesalers, distributors and other B2Bs
- Experience selling a service or negotiating an operational service element into a complex commercial agreement (e.g. defining service KPIs and related tracking/penalties)
- People management experience in healthcare/pharma industry
Click 'Apply now' to submit your application for this vacancy.
Star is a full service resourcing and outsourcing company which resources at all levels for pharmaceutical, medical devices and technology, clinical research and healthcare communications companies in the UK and Ireland on a headcount and outsourced basis. If you haven't heard from us within 7 working days of submitting your application, please assume that you haven't been successful on this occasion. We wish you the best of luck with your job search.