* This Vacancy Has Now Expired *
We are seeking to attract a high calibre, talented individual who is seeking an opportunity to shine in a highly visible and strategically important role. As HEAD of MARKET ACCESS you will report to the General Manager and be part of the business’ management team. This is a leadership role defining the strategic response to the changing market environment and finding innovative solutions on how to shape and maximise the health care environment to our client’s portfolio advantage.
This is a relatively new position within the business so a genuine career development opportunity; as there is the scope to shape the structure and direction of this division; based on this you will need a proactive approach and be a true driver of change.
You will come from a sales/marketing background and have some exposure to the market access function (although it is NOT essential that you are a market access specialist).
Your main duties will involve securing funding and maximum access for current and future products through a team of 6 to create a positive environment for prescribing existing products and also upcoming product launches. Another stream to this role is to champion the payer perspective and drive relationships & partnership working into the brand strategy to effectively engage with the NHS as well as developing excellent relationships and create a network of KOL's/Advocates for key brands from the product portfolio.
In light of this it is likely you will have:
• Professional experience in one of the key Health Care UK bodies
• Proven success in creating and executing Market Access / Payer strategies in the UK in a pharmaceutical company.
• Knowledge of pricing methods, health economics and reimbursement.
• Experience in preparing submissions, value dossiers, publications and other document to supports pharmaceutical products in gaining access to patients in the UK.
• Experience of working in the NHS and a solid understanding of the internal workings of the NHS (PCT or equivalent desirable)
• Demonstrable experience, knowledge and insight into the workings of the NHS & third/Private sector including funding flows and legislation affecting market access of pharmaceutical products.
• Commercial focus - hands on experience of running a commercial unit and an understanding of the bottom line
• Developed innovative market access / patient access solutions (not just price reduction schemes), that offers real partnership between pharma and all UK Payers.
• Experience of People Management and succession planning (although not essential)
• Strong leadership, communication, influencing and presentation skills.
Interested so far? 20:20 Selection Ltd has a comprehensive job spec and information on the salary & benefits package. This role does carry an excellent basic salary and superb flexible benefits package – furthermore this does present a real opportunity not only for someone to develop their career in the short-term but also in the future through ongoing development in the business.
Want to be considered or discuss your experience in confidence the contact us on 0845 026 2020 or email by pressing the Apply Now button
20:20 Selection Ltd promises to treat your application as important and will review your profile against our client’s requirements. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.