* This Vacancy Has Now Expired *
We have an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Advisor to work for a highly respected healthcare company to contribute to the development and provision of a high quality nursing service for people living with Parkinson's Disease. The nurse will work with healthcare professionals (HCP) across secondary and primary care supporting the initiation and maintenance of Parkinson's Disease therapies.
The role involves working closely with patients suffering from Parkinson's Disease. You will be required to support PD patients moving them through the care pathway from Secondary Care, Primary Care and back to their home environment hence you can truly make a difference to their quality of life. Current opportunities are available in the South London & Surrey area.
Ideally you will be currently working as a Nurse Advisor or you could be a nurse who is looking to move out of the NHS into a more ‘commercial’ arena yet still retaining patient contact. Prior experience within the field of Neurology could be an advantage; however if you are a RGN with an active PIN, your application will also be considered favourably.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Acting as a source of information for your patient pool
- Contributing, where required, to patient clinics, in order to assess patients and give clinical assistance to the multidisciplinary team.
- Where necessary, giving advice and educational support to patients and their carers, according to Trust protocols.
- Working within Trust protocols; facilitate an integrated team approach in supporting the patient throughout the introduction and maintenance of therapy.
- Providing appropriate counselling to support the Healthcare Professionals (HCP) and patient’s decision to undertake therapy.
- Liaising with Trust HCPs regarding the process of initiating therapy and subsequent patient discharge.
-Facilitating and identifying training needs of HCPs, for Parkinson’s disease and the company's therapies.
- Working with HCPs, patients and carers at avoiding hospital admissions
- Liaising with the patient and their carer in the community to reduce or avoid secondary care referrals for minor issues.
- Documenting all necessary clinical and health economic data, reporting back on quality of outcomes in accordance with accepted procedures.
These roles offer a comprehensive salary & benefits package plus company car. Want to find out more? Call us now on 0845 026 2020 or alternatively submit your CV here!
20:20 Selection Ltd promises to treat your application as important and will review your profile against our client’s requirements. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.